We want to keep the Canterbury Care Centre a happy and inclusive environement for all our members.
Anyone that attends The Canterbury Care Centre, including volunteers and staff, must follow our Code of Conduct. Any breaches are taken very seriously and will be investigated by the Centre Co-ordinator.
The Canterbury Care Centre Code of Conduct 1. Treat or speak about others with respect and as you would wish to be treated or spoken about
2. All are welcome, regardless of age, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation
3. Speak to others as you would wish to be spoken to
4. Respect other people’s personal space
5. Sit or stand next to the person you are talking to – do not shout across the room
6. Do not borrow or lend money or anything else
7. Maintain confidentiality – if you have any concerns about another member, speak to the centre manager, the assistant centre manager or a member of the committee.
8. All members have a right to express their views but no one member’s views should override others. Again, if you have any concerns, speak to the centre manager, the assistant centre manager or a member of the committee. Any complaints should be reported, in the first instance, to the centre manager and, if not resolved should be referred to the Chairman.
9. No-one is allowed on the premises whilst under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and no alcohol, illegal drugs, or weapons are permitted on the premises.
10. No dogs or other animals are allowed in the building.
11. Any member wishing to smoke must use the designated smoking area outside the front door (this includes e-cigarettes).
A full set of policy documents for the Canterbury Care Centre is available for inspection